Hope is not our strategy
Our belief in the On Target technology, the results from the current clinical trials, and our sincere desire to help patients and their families, have energized us to push to develop this technology for a wide range of diseases. To date, our compound has been tested in ovarian and lung cancer patients, but trials have shown that additional cancers are promising targets for mapping with OTL38. In addition to developing ligands that target the folate receptor, other fluorescence probes are in development for use in diagnosis of other disease states. Future research is expected to determine OTL38’s effectiveness in illuminating cancer cells in tiny lymph nodes in the chest. Our longer-term objective is to develop tumor-targeted fluorescent dyes for all cancers.
OTL38 Product Development Information
Trials are currently being conducted using OTL38 in patients with various types of cancers.
Investigator Sponsored Trials
Our lung cancer study currently enrolling at Penn Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Leiden University.
Our ovarian cancer study is currently enrolling. A special protocol assessment (SPA) has been reached with FDA for this protocol.
On Target Laboratories has expansive academic partnerships collaborating on all applications of our technology for indications such as endometrial cancer, esophageal cancer and renal cancer.
Strong platform for wide range of cancers and inflammatory diseases
In addition to developing ligands that target the folate receptor, other fluorescence probes are in development.
- A Phase I Clinical Trial of Targeted Intraoperative Molecular Imaging for Pulmonary Adenocarcinomas Read now Predina JD, Newton AD, Keating J, Dunbar A, Connolly C, Baldassari M, Mizelle J, Xia L, Deshpande C, Kucharczuk J, Low PS, Singhal S. Ann Thorac Surg 2018 Feb 1;pii: S0003-4975(17)31381-4. doi: 10202+/j.athorascur.2017.08.062
- Utilization of targeted near-infrared molecular imaging to improve pulmonary metastasectomy of osteosarcomas. Read now
Predina JD, Newton A, Deshpande C, Low P, Singhal S. J Biomed Opt. 2018 Jan;23(1)"1-4/ dpo" 10.1117/1.JBO.23.1.016005
- Identification of a Folate Receptor-Targeted Near-Infrared Molecular Contrast Agent to Localize Pulmonary Adenocarcinomas. Read now
Predina JD, Newton AD, Connolly C, Dunbar A, Baldassari M, Deshpande C, Cantu E 3rd, Stadanlick J, Kularatne SA, Low PS, Singhal S. Mol Ther. 2018 Feb 7;26(2):390-403
- Folate receptor-targeted molecular imaging improves identification of malignancy during pulmonary resection: a case report. Read now
Predina JD, Newton A, Connolly C, Singhal S. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2017 Dec 4:12(1):110 doi: 10.1186/s13019-017-0664-7
- Intraoperative Molecular Imaging: The Surgical Oncologist's North Star. Read now
Predina JD, Fedor D, Newton AD, Xia L, Lee JYK, Guzzo T, Drebin J, Singhal S. Ann Surg. 2017 Dec:266(6)
- Intraoperative molecular imaging to identify lung adenocarcinomas. Read now
Newton AD, Kennedy GT, Predina JD, Low PS, Singhal S. J Thorac Dis. 2016 Oct; 8
- Comparison of Folate Receptor Targeted Optical Contrast Agents for Intraoperative Molecular Imaging. Read now
De Jesus E, Keating JJ, Kularatne SA, Jiang J, Judy R, Predina J, Nie S, Low P, Singhal S. Int J Mol Imaging. 2015;2015:469047
- Intraoperative Molecular Imaging Combined With Positron Emission Tomography Improves Surgical Management of Peripheral Malignant Pulmonary Nodules Read now Jarrod D. Predina, MD, Andrew D. Newton, MD, Jane Keating, MD,Eduardo M. Barbosa Jr., MD, Olugbenga Okusanya, MD,Leilei Xia, MD,Ashley Dunbar, BA,Courtney Connolly, BA, Michael P. Baldassari, BA, Jack Mizelle, BA,Edward J. Delikatny, PhD, John C. Kucharczuk, MD,Charuhas Deshpande, MD, Sumith A. Kularatne, PhD,Phillip Low, PhD,Jeffrey Drebin, MD, PhD,Sunil Singhal, MD Ann Surg 2017 Sept. ;266(3):479-488
- Intraoperative Molecular Imaging of Lung Adenocarcinoma Can Identify Residual Tumor Cells at the Surgical Margins. Read now Jane J. Keating, Olugbenga T. Okusanya, Elizabeth De Jesus, Ryan Judy, Jack Jiang, Charuhas Deshpande, Shuming Nie, Philip Low, Sunil Singhal Mol. Imaging Biol. 2016 Apr;18(2):209-18
- Tumor-Specific Agent for Intraoperative Near-Infrared Fluorescence Imaging: A Translational Study in Healthy Volunteers and Patients with Ovarian Cancer. Read now Hoogstins CE, Tummers QR, Gaarenstroom KN, de Kroon CD, Trimbos JB, Bosse T, Smit VT, Vuyk J, vande Velde CJ, Cohen AF, Low PS, Burggraaf J, Vahrmeijer AL Clin Cancer Res 2016 JUn 15;22(12)"2929:38
- OTL-38-Guided Fluorescent Imaging in Renal Cell Cancer Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Read now Feb 2017 Bahler, Clinton, Maniar Virag, Marley Kristen, Sundaram Chandru
- Novel Use of Folate-Targeted Intraoperative Fluorescence, OTL38, in Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy: Report of the First Three Cases. Read now Shum Cheuk Fan, Bahler Clinton D, Low Philip, Tarliff Timothy, Kheyfets Steven, Natarajan Jay, Sandusky George, Sundaram Chandru Jornal of Endourology Case Reports Nov 2016,2(1)189-197
- Folate receptor overexpression can be visualized in real time during pituitary adenoma endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery with near-infrared imaging. Read now John Lee, Steve Cho, Ryan Zeh, John Pierce, Maria Martines lage, Nithin Adappa, James Palmer, Jason Newman, Kim Learned, Caitlin White, Julia Kharlip, Peter Snyder, Philip Low, Sunil Singhal, Sean Grady
- Folate receptor-α targeted near-infrared fluorescence imaging in high-risk endometrial cancer patients: a tissue microarray and clinical feasibility study. Read now Oncotarget. 2018;9:791-801. Leonaora Boogerd, Charlotte Hoogstins, Katja Gaarenstroom, Cornelis De Kroon, Jogchum Beltman, Tjalling Bosse, Ellen Stelloo, Jaap Vuyk, Philip Low, Jacobus Burggraaf, Alexander Vahrmeijer
- Intraoperative Molecular Imaging in Lung Cancer: The State of the Art of the Future. Read now Molecular Theraply Feb 2, 2018 Jarrod Predina, Andrew Newton, Courtney Connolly, Ashley Dunbar, Michael Baldassari, Charuhas Deshpande, Edward Cantu, Jason Stadanlick, Sumith KUlaratne, Philip Low, Sunil Singhal
- Intraoperative molecular imaging can identify subcentimeter perioneal implants during ovarian cancer cytoreductive surgery. Read now
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 38(4):589-95, Oct 2016 Tayni JL, Cory L, DeJesus E, Keating J, Predina J, Nie S, Desphande C, Low P, Singhal S
- Development of tumor-targeted near infrared probes for fluorescence guided surgery. Read now
Kelderhouse LE, Chelvam V, Wayua C, Mahalingam S, Poh S, Kularatne SA, Low PS. Bioconjug Chem. 2013;24(6):1075-1080.
- Intraoperative tumor-specific fluorescence imaging in ovarian cancer by folate receptor-α targeting: first in-human results. Read now
van Dam GM, Themelis G, Crane LM, Harlaar NJ, Pleijhuis RG, Kelder W, Sarantopoulos A, de Jong JS, Arts HJ, van der Zee AG, Bart J, Low PS, Ntziachristos V. Nat Med. 2011;17(10):1315-9. doi: 10.1038/nm.2472.
- Intraoperative molecular imaging can identify lung adenocarcinomas during pulmonary resection Read now
Okusanya OT, DeJesus EM, Jiang J, Judy RP, Venegas OG, Deshpande CG, Heitjan DF, Nie S, Low PS, and Singhal S. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015;150(1):28-35.e1.